There is a lot to consider when purchasing outdoor furniture and to get the most suitable, everything should be taken into account. Things such as your usual weather, if you will want to move the furniture around, if it is to be placed close to a pool and what kind of surface there will be under it are all important. It is a decision that should not be made in haste if you want it to be the best for your lifestyle and climate.
However, there is another important factor and that is comfort. If the furniture is not comfortable you will not want to bother using your outdoor haven no matter how balmy the weather is. So your comfort level should be assessed and taken into account before making the final decision. How? Here are some tips.
- Think about what chair you find most comfortable to sit in when inside. Is it a lounge chair or dining chair; a bean bag or a bench seat?
- Do you like to have a soft or firm backrest – or none at all?
- Do you have a bad back or an injury that needs support when you sit?
- Do you like to have your upper legs supported as well as your seat?
- Are armrests essential or don’t you care one way or the other?
- Is your idea of relaxation putting your feet and legs up, or do you prefer to keep your feet on the ground?
- Do you love to gather around a big table with your family and friends, or would you prefer to have the chairs spread out with some side tables for when you need them?