Some summers are much hotter than others. Whatever the reason for hot weather, it is really lovely to be able to relax in a home cooled by a split system air conditioning unit when the outside temperatures are soaring. You sleep a lot better when it’s cool, so you feel much more energetic the next day instead of going around feeling like a wilted lettuce.
If you don’t yet have any air conditioning in your home, here are some of the advantages of having a split system installed.
- Biggest advantage? You’ll feel much cooler day and night.
- A split system is easy to retrofit, meaning it can go into a home that is already completed, no matter how old it is. So long as the home has electricity.
- It is quiet. You will hardly hear it inside and even outside, the more modern units are whisper quiet, so you don’t have to worry about annoying the neighbours.
- It is relatively inexpensive, much less cost to purchase and install than a ducted system.
- If you get a reverse cycle one, it can be used for heating in the winter as well as cooling in the summer, so you get more use out of it.
- It is easy to maintain. All you have to do is clean the filters. It should also be checked every so often by a professional.
- It is cost effective to run, especially the later models. You’ll find it costs less to run during winter than radiant heaters and especially fan heaters that are notorious for gobbling up power.
- It doesn’t interfere with the view from the window like a smaller one would and it is aesthetically pleasing.