Some summers are much hotter than others. Whatever the reason for hot weather, it is really lovely to be able to relax in a home cooled by a split system air conditioning unit when the outside temperatures are soaring. You sleep a lot better when it’s cool, so you feel much more energetic the next day instead of going around feeling like a wilted lettuce.
If you don’t yet have any air conditioning in your home, here are some of the advantages of having a split system installed.
- Biggest advantage? You’ll feel much cooler day and night.
- A split system is easy to retrofit, meaning it can go into a home that is already completed, no matter how old it is. So long as the home has electricity.
- It is quiet. You will hardly hear it inside and even outside, the more modern units are whisper quiet, so you don’t have to worry about annoying the neighbours.
- It is relatively inexpensive, much less cost to purchase and install than a ducted system.
- If you get a reverse cycle one, it can be used for heating in the winter as well as cooling in the summer, so you get more use out of it.
- It is easy to maintain. All you have to do is clean the filters. It should also be checked every so often by a professional.
- It is cost effective to run, especially the later models. You’ll find it costs less to run during winter than radiant heaters and especially fan heaters that are notorious for gobbling up power.
- It doesn’t interfere with the view from the window like a smaller one would and it is aesthetically pleasing.
- It does not take up any floor space in the home like fans can.
- Depending on the layout of the home, it can actually cool or heat more than one room.
- It’s possible to get a split system with multiple heads so you can have outlets in up to five rooms, but this is more expensive.
- If you’ve chosen a house design with a flat roof, a ducted system won’t fit in the ceiling cavity. The split system is the next best thing.
- When you have a baby in the house, you won’t have to worry about them getting dehydrated and they won’t be fussy due to being too hot.
As already mentioned, having an air conditioning unit will certainly enhance your lifestyle. You’ll no longer be uncomfortably wet with perspiration day and night and you’ll sleep a lot better in cooler conditions. They are also eco friendly since they don’t take a great deal of power to run. These many advantages make getting a split system air con a no-brainer.